Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Becky's Sue Bonnett Sue and Celia's generosity

Counting down the days, by the time you read this it will be less than 48 hours and all of my sisters should be here. (Now that I have just put that in writing.... I am sure someone will be delayed somewhere).

So this post is being scheduled in advance to post on Tuesday.

This week I want to show you our latest finished quilt.

This is Becky's Sue Bonnett Sue quilt.   You can read more about the quilt and Becky
 here:

 http://iowacomfort.blogspot.com/2013/08/beckys-donation-part-ii.html

If that link doesn't work it is the August 3rd, 2013 post.

Here the quilt is finished:


Isn't it pretty!  It is going to look great on one of the beds at the center.








I wanted to show you a close up of the Sue Bonnett Sue blocks.

Each block is hand appliqued on a white block using 2 polka  dot fabrics.  Sometimes the coordinating fabric was just a white with a coordinating colored polka dot.  Like the center picture.  The hat and ruffle on the dress are white with little green dots.

Celia completed the binding on this quilt for me.  I am so blessed that she is so generous with her time and talents.  Without her and my other binding fairies, there would be a pile of UFO's.

So once again THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH  Miss Celia!  You are truly appreciated.


I did not get two quilts quilted this past week, but I am going to bind the last two small quilts over the next couple of evenings.

Enjoy the cooler weather everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment