Tuesday, July 8, 2014

T- 8 days

My mind is running a hundred miles per minute.  I am now 8 days until my sisters start arriving.  That would be FIVE of them, and they are visiting for 1 to 2 weeks.  Three are staying with me, the other two in a hotel.

The last two weeks I have been busy with cleaning.  My dear husband is staying clear so as not to be assigned a task.

On the fourth of July I spent part of my day vacuuming my drapes.  When I told my sister Kellie, actually I told her in a text, her and her husband had a good laugh on me.  Yesterday she told me that when she read the text she got an immediate image of an old I Love Lucy episode.  An I Love Lucy marathon would be a pretty good description of my life the last couple of weeks.

My new mantra is that it will all be worth it once I get to spend time with them all...

The only room I really haven't cleaned is the quilt room.  That is on the agenda for this week.  Kellie is going to be staying in there....so I need to get everything put away.

This last week I did manage to get a couple of small quilts quilted for Iowa Comfort.  I hope to get a couple more of the small ones done this week.   So if I have any binding fairies out there, I would appreciate it.

Another one of my fairies brought me a big bag of chopped up fabric for doggie beds.  

I 'll show you that in a future post..... but she had someone give her pillowcases for the center. (they didn't want their names to be posted on the blog)



Here is the bag they came to me in.







  All of the pictures above are of matched sets of pillowcases.

The center really likes it when they can get matched sets for the family beds.



We have a Barney and Daffy pillowcase.


Then we have an NFL, basketball and hockey pillowcase.


Here are two bear themed cases.... although I am sure the intended recipients will be very different!





Four more single cases of various themes.

All in all this donation contained 26 pillowcases for the center.  I know they will appreciate them.  They go through 75 to 100 each year.  Each resident receives a new pillow upon entering the center... and with our donations they keep the pillow and pillowcase when they leave the center. 

We can still use pillowcases....so if your stash has some fabric in it that you now are wondering why you ever bought it. Come on I know you know what I am talking about.  Consider making a pillowcase for the center.  You can drop them off at Adel Quilting and Dry Goods if that is convenient for you.

Okay it is time for me to go put some stuff away in the quilt room.

Have a great week and stay cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment