Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Iowa Comfort has awesome volunteers!

Case in point, Kathy B!  Kathy is a local longarm quilter, that answered a call to quilt a top that was donated to us.

I do not free hand quilt.  

This top had some heavy crewel embroidery on it, and I was afraid that I might damage the top or my machine if I tried to plow through it.  

Here is the quilt finished.


It is double to queen size.  Just the perfect size for one of the family beds at the center.  See all that white in the quilt... that is what I knew I would be in trouble with.

Kathy echoed around the crewel to make sure to secure those area's.  Very nice!  I know I could not have done it.

I was actually afraid that I might have to find another organization to donate this top to.  I am so glad that Kathy offered her amazing services and quilted it so the quilt could be donated to the center as the donor had wished.

In addition to quilting and binding this quilt (yay the binding was an extra bonus).  Kathy found and rescued a comforter.  She washed it up and donated it to the center.
This comforter is twin size, and I see it on a little girls bed don't you.  I know I need to get it delivered prior to my granddaughter Lexi coming for a visit.  Otherwise we will have a battle on our hands... she loves pink and black and anything flowers.

Now of course Kathy has gone well above and beyond at this point...wouldn't you agree?

She wasn't done..... nope.  She also brought me a big bag of goodie toys!  You know the ones that we send along with the Hope quilts.  

Take a look:


This past weekend Owen and I attended the Conker Cancer event hosted by Adel Quilting and Dry Goods at the Adel Library.

Kathy brought these stuffed animals to the event.... and Owen had a great time going through the bag checking out each and everyone of them.  They all received his stamp of approval! (On a personal note, I am sure him playing with them allowed us to stay a little longer.  I knew I needed to be there, and I had forgotten that I had him on Saturday.  So I said we would go until he got unmanageable... he never did)

Like I said Iowa Comfort has some awesome volunteers.... and Kathy falls into that category for sure.  Thank you so much for time and talents in quilting this top for us.... and for all of your other treasures!

Hope everyone has a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment