Tuesday, December 23, 2014

okay so I lied.

What is the old saying?  God laughs when you make plans...

I told you on my last post that would be the final quilt of 2014 to be donated.  That was the plan.

Plans do get changed though, and so did mine.

I received a call from Colleen T.  Through the grapevine she had heard of a family that could use some assistance during the Christmas season.  They had actually made on to an organizations list, and the family had created a wish list.

The family is a single mother with 4 children.  Two boys and two girls.  This particular family also happens to be a family that sought refugee status here in the United States.  Limited communication skills were available.... but given what they were asking for it was obvious that there was a need.

The family asked for used beds, the mother wanted to get her children up off the floor.  The only other thing I remember on the list was A LAMP.  Not toys, not electronics not even food or clothes.  The mother just didn't want her children to have to continue to sleep on the floor.

Colleen asked if by chance I had any quilts that I could donate.  The group that was trying to assist this family were going to not only try to supply at least 3 double beds.... but also the bedding for them.

This family is in Polk county, and our donations usually stay local.... but I will just say it, they are my rules and I decided to break them.

My quilting machine had been in service for a little while. But I got it back in time to quilt up this top that was donated by Jean V.


Colleen put the binding on from her stash.  She tells me that this quilt will be on an eleven year old girls bed.  It sounds as though there will be a bed for each of the family, and they won't have to share.

Jean I just want to thank you for the beautiful quilt top.  I had felt bad that I hadn't gotten it quilted yet.  I now realize that it always had a home... I just didn't know where it was yet.

Colleen thank you for binding the top, and all the time you took to help this family.

I am glad that we were able to supply a little bit of comfort to this family.  

I hope each and everyone of you have a wonderful Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment