Tuesday, January 13, 2015

New Year - Hope quilt donation

The first donation (to the center....it arrived in Dec.) of 2015.

This quilt was donated by Nancy K..  It was dropped off at Adel Quilting and Dry Goods for us.

 I have spent the better part of 30 minutes trying to deconstruct this pattern.  I know I am weird!  But I have all of these 1/2 square triangles made up that I thought I could use in this pattern.  I am tired and I finally just gave up trying to figure it out.  First I thought it was two HST and then a square....but then there were three, and then there was a row that was alternating one for one.

It made my head hurt so I gave up.  


Then remember my New Years resolution?  I was going to try to balance the hope quilts.

This quilt actually read neutral gender to me at first.  Yes there is pink in there....but there is plenty of green and blue also.  Only a couple of small pieces of fabric that had flowers on the top.  Then I turned it over to label it.


I think this one is going to go in the little girl pile.  Don't you?

I think the whole quilt is fabulous!  Oh did I forget to mention that the finished quilt was the donation.  Nancy pieced, quilted and bound this quilt for us.  

I really love how she bound it also.  Go back take a look, that is a scrappy pieced binding.

Some little girl is going to love this act of generosity.  Thank you Nancy for donating this beautiful quilt.


Each of our Hope quilts get a small toy attached to it at donation.  I decided this little guy belonged to this quilt.

Thank you again Nancy K for the generous gift.  Also thank you Nancy H for supplying us with little toys.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week.  Stay warm.... I am going to. (wink, wink)

No comments:

Post a Comment