Tuesday, March 24, 2015

April 1 is right around the corner

Last Thursday was Adel Quilting and Dry Goods open sew day.  Actually it is both Thursday and Friday, but I only go on Thursday.

I knew going in that I was going to work on pillow cases.  I had several already pinned, and I had another 10 that was cut and ready to go.

Little did I know that there was going to be a pillow case factory going on Thursday.

Sue D. was at open sew.  You might remember me telling you about her, she is allergic to sewing pillow cases.  Fortunately for me, she is not allergic to cutting them.  So Sue went to work on her stash of flannel and kitted 14 adorable pillow cases.

Here they are ready to be sewn together by someone.... and since I had already dedicated a chunk of time for pillow cases.  I decided it might as well be me.




Here they are all sewn up and ready for delivery.  These cases are so soft, warm and cuddly.  They are also much prettier than the ones I was working on from my stash.

Officially these are pillow cases 44-58.  Whoot Whoot we are a little over 25% to our goal of 250 by April 1.

I also had cases that I had cut from donated fabric.  I worked on them over the weekend also.



Not nearly as pretty as the ones that Sue kitted, but still very functional and most of these are in pairs.  So they could be used on a family bed if need be.  You will notice on these the cuff and the body of the case are the same fabric, then I added a pop of color on the flange.  Remember there are no rules for this challenge.... okay so there is one....done.

Officially these are pillow cases 59-68.

While at open sew Joyce took several cases to work on for me.  I will show you those in the next couple of posts.  Nancy H also brought me some goodies for a future post.

I am heading out today to have lunch with some quilting buddies from Northern Iowa.  They have pillow cases for our challenge.  It will be good to catch up and have some laughs.  There is always laughing when Marcia is around.  {wink wink}

I have 10 more pillow case kits to work on this week.  My goal is to do 2 a day.  These 10 are flannel so I am waiting for my machine to come back from the repair shop.  My regular machine is much more sturdy than my traveling machine.

Thank you Sue D, Nancy H and Joyce S for your donation of material, talent and time.  You guys are just the best!

More donations next week!

Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment