Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Finished quilts

Betty W. stopped by the house the other day with several gifts and donations.  Before I show you the wonderful gifts, she brought up something that I need to address.

You see Betty had been trying for over a week to get a hold of me.  She told me that the phone just rang and rang.  

Yes it does that, because we disconnected the house phone....and for some odd reason the phone company does not put on a message saying that it is no longer a good phone number. So if the number 834-2430 is the number that you have....you won't get me.  I am not going to put my number here on the blog, but you can email me at Ruby621@msn.com and put Iowa Comfort in the subject line.

Now on to show and tell:

Betty has been busy and dropped off FOUR completed Hope quilts for donation!

Lets take a look at them:


This darling little quilt is made of Winnie the Pooh and Tigger fabric.  So very cute!  It also has the added bonus of being a quilt that can be given to a little boy or girl.  Officially this is ICQ #170.



Speaking of adorable!  This quilt is it!  I fell in love with it at first sight.  Now again this quilt could be given to either a boy or a girl.  I have a feeling that with the green alligator accompanying this quilt...it may just end up with a little boy.  I know that this little quilt is going to end up in shreds one day, from all the love that it endures.  Officially this is ICQ #171.



My camera was not being cooperative on the top picture.  Try as I may I could not get a picture of a quilt that would do it justice.  Take my word for it, this is an awesome little quilt. Cute as a button, and since it had a little black dog in the fabric, I had to send the little black poodle along with it.  Officially this is ICQ# 172.



I am running out of adjectives here!  This is my favorite of the four.  I know I shouldn't have favorites....but this quilt is so darn cute!  Cute as a bug on a rug....or and elephant on a quilt. So very bright and colorful.  This quilt is ICQ# 173. 

In addition to these four wonderful quilts, Betty sent along a few other goodies for us.


Betty sent along 12 one yard cuts for pillow cases.


So I spent this evening making pillow case kits for the community sew day on May 2.

Which brings me to a request.  I am trying to plan the food for the community sew day....so I would greatly appreciate a head count.  If you are planning on attending, could you drop me a comment here on the blog, sign up for the event on FB, or even email at the account above. I would be so grateful!

I want to thank Betty for her generous gifts and talents! Also thank you again for the toys Nancy H.

More finished projects next week....so make sure to come back next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment