Tuesday, August 18, 2015

200!!!!!!

You guys are just the best ever!  

I can hardly believe what we have accomplished.  I just went back and reread my very first post from Oct. 2, 2011.  My original goal was to make 12 lap size quilts in 2012 that would be kept in our local community.  Oh how my original plan has grown over a few short years.  Our quilts do stay local, and go to people that really appreciate the gifts of love......but they have grown from lapsize quilts to queen size quilts, and everything in between.  In the beginning 12 quilts in a year seemed like a lofty goal. 

WE JUST HIT 200 DONATED QUILTS!

I could not have done that without all of your help and support!

This is quilt 199.  I took it to show n share at Circle of Friends because all the fabric in this quilt top was donated by Adel Quilting and Dry Goods.  Each year at Jacque's retreat there is a some sort of charity function.  This particular year Jacque asked all those that were attending to bring a 10 inch square of fall colored fabric.  Jacque donated all of that fabric to Iowa Comfort.  There was enough to kit three queen size quilts.  This is the first one that is completed.



Color is just a little off in this photo


Here it is a little closer to the actual hues.  This quilt was pieced by my friend Jan M.  we used the sliced layer cake pattern for the lay out.

Several months (maybe even years) ago Jan had purchased this backing for a project.  Once she received it she didn't like it for that project and she donated the backing to Iowa Comfort.  It was the perfect backing for the fall colors quilt.  I knew that I would find the perfect quilt for that backing material! Jan also did the binding on this quilt for me.  When I delivered this quilt to the center it received a lot of attention.  They loved the warmth of the colors and of course loved the back!



This is quilt # 200.  Now don't get overly excited.  It is a panel, not a pieced double wedding ring quilt.  I had enough of this fabric donated to me that I was able to use the fabric for both the front and the back of the quilt.  The fabric had a three inch rust colored border that I cut off and used for the binding.  I think it turned out wonderful, and will make someone very happy!

 
I worked on a few more pillowcases. 

Officially these are pillowcases 424-431.  Getting so close to that 500 mark.  All we need is 69 more to reach it!

Thank you all for your continued support of Iowa Comfort, you all are amazing.  Special thanks this week to Jacque from Adel Quilting and Dry Goods, for the fabric donation.  Also to Jan M for generously donating her time and talents and fabric to us.


No comments:

Post a Comment