Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Hope quilts

Yeah I know I am a few hours late with my post again.  It has been a crazy week already....and only getting busier for the rest of the week.

Tomorrow I have Owen, and need to get groceries.  Bright and early on Friday morning I leave for my very first quilt retreat experience.  So I have spent my evenings  trying to figure out what I am going to take with me.

I have the components for a Holy Scrap quilt, that appeared on Adel Quilting and Dry Goods website.  Okay 100% honesty here, all I did was go to my precut shoe boxes and my left over binding drawer and threw them all into a container.  The whole quilt is 2.5 scrappy strips.

I have a baby blanket to make, big pieces so should not take all that long.  It is for my granddaughter that is due in October.  Suddenly that sounds really soon.  Move that project to the head of the class.

I have enough blocks completed to make three of the Christmas lap quilts.  Hope to get them done.

I also have a couple of other projects to take along in case I get bored with any of the above mentioned projects.

When my boot was on (and I couldn't walk on the treadmill) I did manage to spend a fair amount of time in the quilt room.  I went to my Hope Quilt drawer and found some panels that I quilted up quickly.  Goal was to get them quilted and out of my house.....fabric management.  Panels gone, batting gone and backing used.  WIN WIN WIN!



A cute little sea panel, for some little boy.  This quilt had a red crab accompany it to the center. 



This country panel had a cute little teddy bear that was all dressed up in a lace dress and hat.


A simple farm panel.  I used a blue ABC panel for the backing.  In honor of this being the Sturgis rally,  I sent along a Harley Davidson decked out pig with this quilt.


This panel was adorable.  I was able to find a very cute yellow teddy bear to send a long with it.

These little quilts are nothing super special, but they are done and gone and that is always good!

Betty W did all the binding for me on these quilts, which I am truly thankful for.  Actually I am so very very grateful for all of the talents that Betty shares with Iowa Comfort. She binds, cuts, she pieces and quilts always with a bright smile.  I am so very lucky she chooses to share her talents with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment