Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Success updating the blog!

Yes I was finally able to update the blog and the photo gallery. 

 This is the first year that I was able to manange it on my own, and I am pretty sure that my son is pretty proud of me!

As promised last week I have a couple of finished projects to show you.


This is the first one.  This is yet another double sliced layer cake from donated fabric from the Adel Quilting and Dry Goods retreat a couple of years ago.  When we kitted this quilt we put a lot of orange in it, and there are pumpkin fields in it.  So very fun!


I found this fabric in my closet.  Actually I think it called my name when I was looking for a backing for the quilt. Look it was perfect!  Green and yellow fall colors with a pop of orange, and pinecones... what is more fall than that?

This quilt is a bed size quilt and I am going to hold on to it until I get a call from DHS.   When they have a teenager that ages out of the foster care system we will provide a quilt to them.


Here is a small hope quilt. That was pieced by the Ladies of Adel Christian Church.  Several years ago Donna G, took a bag of flannel that was donated and had her group make several quilt tops from it.  I recently found this one in a drawer, and feel bad that it took so long to quilt it.


It has some really fun fabric in it.  I am going to have find a fun little beany baby to go along with this one.  Either a rabbit, kitty or maybe a sheep.

I managed to machine bind both of these quilts....and although they are not perfect...they are good.  With each quilt my techique gets a little bit better.  Hopefully I will have it mastered before long.

This past week I didn't get any quilting done at all.  My week was occupied by genealogy and a trip to Des Moines everyday.  Doctor appointments and visiting an ill family member.

Hopefully this week will be better, and I will get a large quilt bound and two smaller tops quilted.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!




No comments:

Post a Comment